This is ma life..

Saturday, April 22, 2006

GURLS :D

GURLS :D

Well, thanks to the idea given by Abhilash, I am today writing... Err typing about my fav... i.e. girls!

Throughout most of my life, I had been sort of ignorant to the fact that there were a set of species called girls! Till 10th, I studied in a co-ed school, but well I came across a very shy person when it came to the issue of interacting with the fairer sex... After that, in Parthi... well o well, there were no girls at all... I mean, the school of course was a boy’s school; on top of that we just didn’t see any girls for those couple of years! Then came the worst year of my life, the drop year, which actually screwed up my life totally, ‘cos I was doing nothing that year, just studies, studies and more studies!

Now, I’ll take a break from my story and tell you something about ahem.. Ahem :D, girls of IIIT! To me, one of the most exciting aspects of entering a college was the opportunity to interact with beautiful girls ;)... And probably get a great girl friend :D. The other important factor to help out in this was that I was away from home ;) B-) J . It was with these thoughts that I entered the IIIT, and lo what I found was something I couldn’t digest at all. 175 students and just 15 girls!!! I mean, just look at the ratio… isn’t it quite amazing that girls never lose an opportunity to rush onto rooftops and shout out their achievements, but just look at this! A ratio even worse than 10:1. I am told that the ratio is quite similar to that of top institutes like the IITs and IIMs. In that case, I just wonder where all those ‘BRAINY’ girls disappear, I mean doesn’t this prove that girls can just boast about themselves, but when it comes to reality, they have a long way to catch up with boys. Well, you know what, I happened to make this point in one of our interactions with Mr.Vishal Garg in the 1st semester, and then what followed was bizarre! Rather than coming out and fighting me, one of the girls’ sulked and stopped talking to me. Well for girls reading this, that was no offence meant, but isn’t it high time that you look at the reality! (I’ll love to have a debate on this, but guess I’ll leave that for some other time).

Ya, so coming back to the main road, I had a lot of problems interacting with the ladies… at least initially. A part of the problem was that there were hardly any really good looking girls (I mean to at least my liking) initially. It was then that some of my seniors, especially Jitu encouraged me to start interacting with them. With their backing with me, and God’s blessings (guess I’m overdoing it!!), I started speaking to some of them. (Well here, I must accept that I thought I was fairly good looking and good to talk to, and hence at least initially, I expected a good response from the fairer sex). To say that I was negatively shocked by the attitude shown by the girls would be an understatement! I mean, they were no beauty queens nor were we any roadside Romeos to be have been treated in such a manner. Oh, by the way later (this was recently and am sorry.. cant mention the name of the girl), one of ,my now friends mentioned this and she told me that part of the reason is that girls thought that I got overexcited and overawed at the sight of girls L. Well anyways, I am really thankful to her for telling this to me, but guess by now I’ve developed the I-don’t-give-a-damn-to-girls-of-IIIT attitude. Somehow, for girls reading this, I never realized it and I’ll say sorry… no offence meant. But, I’ll also add that some of the girls have to change their attitude towards guys. I mean we are not ghosts who’re going to eat you up. Here, I’ll also thank two girls, for being polite and speaking like a friend with me and their are Prashasti and Namrata. There are a couple of more girls whom I talk to sometimes like Harshita, Navatha and Deepti, but that’s about it.

Hey, my moms calling me for lunch now, so guess I’ll continue this article next time around.. in a couple of days.

AWAITING YOUR COMMENTS!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karan you are kind towards girls of iiit.I would be more harsh than you.
Anyways expecting more on this from
your blog.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Karan said...

@ anonymous.. well u av 2 b diplomatic sometimes.. ;)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous sneha said...

stupendous work..........bt u hav all my sympathy.......

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Namrata said...

Gutsy work dude!
U were outrightly honest but do u really think that girls shout their lungs out to be heard.(ref : girls like boasting...).
Any ways I hope you make some friends this academic year coz u (sorry "you" :-) )were disappointed with the present crop of girls.All the best!!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Prashasti said...

Well i dont fully agree wid u .ppl need time to adjust with new place n new ppl.Dont blame them for being rude to u..........Things change n ppl too.Give every1 time..........Well nice work on iiit gals.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous samrat said...

mama kummav article iiit gals gurinchi .
ee yr gals kooda frns avutarule kangarupadaku.jrs kadakasta time teesukuntaru le.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home